[Gambas-user] The program has suddenly locked with a signal 11

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Jul 29 18:54:23 CEST 2005

On Thursday 28 July 2005 18:29, Di Fusco Francesco wrote:
> Il giorno gio, 28-07-2005 alle 11:23 -0400, Rob ha scritto:
> > On Thursday 28 July 2005 10:11, nando wrote:
> > > I have also received **many** Signal #11.
> > > I do not know where they come from.
> >
> > A signal 11 is a segmentation fault, meaning the program tried to
> > access memory outside of what was allocated to it.  Usually this is
> > because a pointer got messed up and contained a zero or something.
> >
> > By "program" I mean a C program or other kind of program that compiles
> > to machine code, so a signal #11 at runtime indicates a bug in the
> > Gambas interpreter or (more likely) one of the components.  Assuming
> > you're running the latest Gambas release, you should post the
> > crashing project whenever this happens more than once in the same
> > place in your program.
> >
> > Rob
>
> I tried to execute Gambas examples, like DataReportExample. After I
> tried to connect to the MySql database, i got the message.
>
> Thanks
>
> Francesco

Please go to the troubleshooting section of the web site, and follow the
instructions. Then send me the info so that I can know what happens - And
don't forget to tell which distribution you use, which version of Gambas, and
if you compiled it from the source or not.

Thanks in advance,

--
Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...