[Gambas-user] The program has suddenly locked with a signal 11

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Jul 28 17:23:06 CEST 2005

On Thursday 28 July 2005 10:11, nando wrote:
> I have also received **many** Signal #11.
> I do not know where they come from.

A signal 11 is a segmentation fault, meaning the program tried to
access memory outside of what was allocated to it.  Usually this is
because a pointer got messed up and contained a zero or something.

By "program" I mean a C program or other kind of program that compiles
to machine code, so a signal #11 at runtime indicates a bug in the
Gambas interpreter or (more likely) one of the components.  Assuming
you're running the latest Gambas release, you should post the
crashing project whenever this happens more than once in the same
place in your program.

Rob