[Gambas-user] LICENSE FEE

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sat Jul 23 18:56:13 CEST 2005

On Saturday 23 July 2005 12:50, Laurent Carlier wrote:
> The author of code can change the licence of his code, but previous
> release code keep the released licence. If other author own pieces
> of code, he must have their agreement before change the licence or
> remove the code of theses authors.

Okay, did you go to the Trolltech licensing FAQ that I linked to?  It
wasn't about the author changing his license, it's that Trolltech is
not willing to sell you a proprietary license for any code you've
ever developed using the Free Edition.  Trolltech would be the one
taking issue with him, not the other authors.  To quote Trolltech
more fully,

"Can we use the Open Source Edition while developing our non-free
application and then purchase commercial licenses when we start to
sell it?

No: our commercial license agreements only apply to software that was
developed with Qt under the agreement. They do not apply to code that
was developed with the Qt Open Source Edition prior to the agreement.
Any software developed with Qt without a commercial license agreement
must be released as free/open source software."

This is according to the Trolltech Qt FAQ,
http://doc.trolltech.com/3.3/faq.html#4-3 .

Rob