[Gambas-user] LICENSE FEE

Laurent Carlier lordheavy at ...512...
Fri Jul 22 16:38:41 CEST 2005

BUDI ARIEF GUSANDI a écrit :
> Fabien Bodard wrote:

No, you can make commercial software with QT or gtk+, you don't need to
buy a licence from QT !  But you must release it as GPL licence with QT
(GPL), but not with gtk+ (LGPL) as GPL do not allow linking instead of gtk+.

But as binaries (bytecode) produce with gambas aren't link with
libraries, perhaps it's possible to release them as proprietary ... ?

>>> I have always found it ironic when people want to use free software to
>>> create non-free software, and I don't support doing so (if
>>> proprietary software authors would like their Gambas questions
>>> answered, I'll be happy to do so provided they pay me money like any
>>> of my other clients) but Gtk is an obvious answer to this.

Yes if you want make proprietary software, use proprietary software ..
free software isn't only software, it's a "way of life" !
... No Software Patents, Creative Common licences, ....

Laurent Carlier
jabber : LordHeavy at ...943...