[Gambas-user] Gambas 1.9.12 problem on Ubuntu Linux

Daniel Campos danielcampos at ...282...
Sun Jul 17 19:34:02 CEST 2005

Extrange problem:

It seems that Gambas2 IDE fails when trying to show the mascot ( a form
with a mask ), however here I'm using
gambas2 1.9.12 and I have no problem with the IDE. May be the old gambas
IDE from gambas2-1.9.10 is still alive in your filesystem. Try to delete
/usr/bin/gambas2.gambas, and reinstall the 1.9.12 version.

... However, in a second try, I'm using Gambas IDE without the mascot
from May or June!... may be other people having the IDE with the mascot
have the same problem?

Regards,

D. Campos

João Pinto escribió:

> Hello,
> that means the  "gambas" app included on the source was not reviewed
> with this change ?
> Please notice  that I am just trying to launch gambas from the shell,
> I am not opening any project in special.
>
> Thanks
>
> Daniel Campos wrote:
>
>> Yes:
>>
>> You can read it in the changelog: now the "Mask" property in forms is
>> a boolean value, and the new "Picture" property
>> holds the Picture.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> D. Campos
>>

>> João Pinto escribió:
>>
>>> I am testing gambas with Ubuntu Linux .
>>> I am compiling and installing from the source.
>>> With gambas2-1.9.10 the program starts correctly, with the newer
>>> 1.9.12 I get the following error when launching gambas:
>>>
>>> lamego at ...1008...:~/_software/gambas2-1.9.12$ gambas2
>>> FGambas.$load.122: #6: Type mismatch: wanted Picture, got Boolean
>>> instead
>>> WARNING: circular references detected
>>> FMain (1)
>>> FGambas (1)