[Gambas-user] USB Port

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Fri Jul 15 18:08:20 CEST 2005

On Friday 15 July 2005 04:49, BUDI ARIEF GUSANDI wrote:
> I'm just wondering how to acces USB Device via gambas. Any can help
> ?

There's no way to just access the USB device on a raw level with
Gambas or any other high-level language I know of.... you need its
driver to be installed, and then you need to use the /dev/ entry
(e.g. /dev/sda) or API (e.g. v4l) associated with that device.

Since raw USB access is a kernel-level thing, I'm going to suggest
that it should never be possible to do it with Gambas.... I don't
ever want there to be a "gbx.ko" kernel module ;)

Rob