[Gambas-user] Question about inheritance

PaquitoSoft cloroetilo at ...626...
Fri Jul 8 19:01:30 CEST 2005

Hello folks!

I'm just starting to use classes in gambas since I've using only forms
until now, and I found something to ask you about inheritance.

I want to write a class which will be a child of Object[]. It will be a
child because I want to store only one data type on it. I mean, you can
store any Object in Object[], but in this child class I want to write
you can only store objects of another class I wrote. So, my child class
will have the same attributes/methods than Object[]; but I want to add
it some extra methods.

And here comes my question... If I want to use any parent method from
its child I would use SUPER keyword, ins't it? Ok. One of my methods
would look for one attribute in every stored object, but I don't know
how to access stored objects... I mean, I can't see how Object[] class
store objects an what name attribute it uses for this group of objects.

Is there any way to access gambas classes from the IDE??
If not, how can you know about this classes do so you can inherit from
them??

I apologize for my english.
Thanks a lot guys!!!

--
El tiempo es un gran profesor. Desafortunadamente, mata a todos sus
alumnos.