[Gambas-user] Getting Gambas up to speed.

Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Tue Jul 5 09:16:05 CEST 2005

Hi Michael,

Michael Isaac schrieb:
> It has been my observation that Gambas is rather slow.  I takes gambas
> well over 5 minutes to count to a billion using a simple do...while
> statement.

Who should want to count to a billion? :-))

Well, there have been tricks around with other Basics before: use
FOR...NEXT instead of DO...LOOP or WHILE...WEND, use IF, ELSE etc.
instead of SELECT CASE (due to Benoit this does not apply to Gambas),
and many more like using integers instead of floating point variables or
even short integer / byte variables (maybe more a memory issue).

So I would try FOR...NEXT if possible for your loops.

Rolf