[Gambas-user] Serial Port Write Error Problem and USB

nando nando_f at ...951...
Sun Jul 3 17:23:46 CEST 2005

Bemoit, Daniel

I have a serial port program that currently is configured for
/dev/ttyS0 and it runs fine.

On the same machine, I have a USB serial port adapter.
When plugged in it is /dev/ttyUSB0

While the serial port program is running, when I remove or attach
the USB serial port, a WRITE ERROR occurs with /dev/ttyS0 which is odd!!

I can tell you where there error occurs in the Serial Port Program
which is taken from the Serial Port program Example in Gambas.

PUBLIC SUB Write_Serial (a as string)

IF Sport.Status = Net.Inactive THEN

   Message ("Open port first!")

ELSE

   WRITE #Sport, a, Len(a)        <------WRITE ERROR OCCURS HERE

ENDIF

END SUB

It only happens with adding or removing USB things - not just serial ports
but USB mouse and USB Keyboard and USB touch screen too.

I certainly hope the USB subsystem is playing with open com ports.

-Fernando