[Gambas-user] Introducing fakebas, an MDI Gambas IDE

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Sun Jan 30 19:33:02 CET 2005

On Saturday 29 January 2005 21:06, Rob wrote:
| Fakebas is a modified version of the Gambas IDE that uses an MDI

Great job Rob, I still haven't tried yet :(.

I hope Benoit can/will add it in the native version in the future.

I dislike any way the tabbed document like kate and quanda does.
That way you can't have one of the other documents visible to use
as reminder in the document under construction, as can done at the
moment with the standard IDE and your IDE-MDI version.
The side by side view is more helpfull.

I hope the document windows are on upmost top.
In Kdevelop they are at bottom and hides behind the toolbox and document.
Maximizing should use the whole area and not the little remaining hole
between the docked windows.
Or are the (KDE) developers using a 40 inch monitor to have space
for the code document window?

| your projects, so please post your findings.  I'd also like
| suggestions for a name, since it can't be called

robas ?? Means rob(s) and bas(ic) :=)

| "gambas-anything" for fear of confusing people.  I was going to
| name it "billybas" but that was even lamer than "fakebas", and
| besides, the IDE doesn't sing yet.
|
| This IDE is for the 1.x series, not the unstable series, and
| requires Gambas 1.0.2.
|
| http://www.kudla.org/index.php?wl_mode=more&wl_eid=71
|
| Rob

ps.
My name is Ron(ald) Onstenk so my initials are ro too. 8=)

I like Gambino as suggested by Laurent also, better then mine,
and google search for gamb will find it.