[Gambas-user] Package Dependancies

Dave sharples technoferret at ...598...
Fri Jan 28 09:35:47 CET 2005

I have written a small program and packaged it as a .deb using the
packaging wizard.

When I come to install it on a system without Gambas it installs fine
but obviously wont run because of the missing runtime library.

What I need to know is how do I tell the .deb package that it has a
dependancy on the runtime and therefore to install the runtime from the
.deb repository.

I also have a second related problem that in that in the official debian
repository the runtime files are packaged as 'gambas-runtime' but in the
Linspire (debian based) repository the runtime is packaged as
'libgambas0'. So I have to tell the .deb to depend on one or the other
of these packages.

Can any debian guru's help me out.

Cheers
Dave