[Gambas-user] MySQL Data

Dave Sharples dave at ...772...
Wed Jan 26 09:33:11 CET 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 20:38, Igor Sosa Mayor wrote:
> > > Thats exactly what I'm looking for, You couldn't post the function code
> > > could you, I've been messing about trying to do this for what seems like
> > > days.
> > >
> > > Cheers
> >
> > It's OK, I don't need the function, I've finally solved it. :-)
>
> But I'd need the function, couldn't you post the code, could you?

This is the function I used to replace all spaces in a string with
\space.

PUBLIC FUNCTION ReplaceSpaces (x AS String) AS String
  DIM GiveItBack AS String
  GiveItBack = Replace$ ( x , " " , "\\ " )
  RETURN GiveItBack
END

To call it

ReturnString = ReplaceSpaces(StringToManipulate)

There may be a cleaner way but this worked for me.

Dave Sharples
Evaluations Engineer
Time Group Ltd