[Gambas-user] Some more questions

Laurent Duperval lduperval at ...626...
Sun Jan 23 23:28:12 CET 2005

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:23:47 +0100, Daniel Campos
<daniel.campos at ...338...> wrote:
> Gambas uses UTF-8 internally, so you can use the Conv$ function in order
> to convert, retireve and display data from a TextArea...

Hmmm.... Ok, let me figure out what the problem is. I have data in a
Postgres database and it reads properly in Vim (which uses UTF-8, I
think) but in a TextArea, the accented characters are replaced by two
blocks. Maybe it's stored in Unicode or UTF-16.

> May be you should exclude your Gambas folders from these scripts, it is
> better that
> changing a whole programming environment for a particular needing :-))

True. But it's unfortunate that an extension that has been used for
almost 10 years has been used for a new project. :-)

Thanks for the good work,