[Gambas-user] Deletion of tabs from a TabStrip

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Fri Jan 14 15:31:39 CET 2005

On Friday 14 January 2005 07:22, Rob Kendrick wrote:
> > Is it possible to delete tabs from the middle of a TabStrip?
> Nobody had any ideas yet?

Sorry, I thought I had had the same problem some months ago and
was going to post my solution, but it turns out my solution was
to disable the tabs rather than delete them.

Unfortunately, the tabs themselves aren't real controls and
therefore don't automatically have a delete method.  The
underlying Qt control, QTabBar, does have a removeTab method and
so it should be possible to add a .Remove or .Delete to the .Tab
virtual class in Gambas.  I'll look into it today and see if I
can submit a patch against gambas 1.9.x.

(hey, I want to get as much component coding in as I can while
it's still fresh ;) )

Rob