[Gambas-user] gbi/gbi2 annoyance

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Wed Jan 12 16:50:08 CET 2005

I'm trying to figure out if this is just how I've packaged
gambas, or if it happens for everyone.  After installing gambas
and then building one of my own components, I type "gbi -a" or
"gbi2 -a".  In either case, I get something like:

gbi: /usr/lib/gambas2/lib.gb.so: not found

and it aborts.  I have been getting around this by going

ln -s /usr/lib/gambas2/lib.gb.vb.so /usr/lib/gambas2/lib.gb.so

which doesn't seem to create any of its own problems and which
gets around this issue.  But why is gbi looking for lib.gb.so in
the first place?

Rob