[Gambas-user] MySQL Connect

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Jan 12 10:07:16 CET 2005

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 17:47, John G. Ruff wrote:
> Benoit,
>
> Thanks for your help. The other packages on my system match
> yours, and I installed:
>   libmysql14-4.1.8-1mdk
>   libmysql14-devel-4.1.8-1mdk
>
> And the result is the same. Also installed is:
>   libmysql12-4.0.20-3.1.101mdk
>
> When I try to uninstall it, it also wants to uninstall:
>   gambas-gb-db-mysql-1.0.1-1rk
>   gambas-ide-1.0.1-1rk
>
> I'm in over my head here, but is it possible that the problem is
> related to Gambas (db-mysql) being dependant upon an older
> version of the MySQL components and they in turn are not
> compatible with the current MySQL version?
>
> jr

It seems that you found the explanation... Difficult to fix, as if the two
packages (libmysql12 and libmysql14) don't have the same name, it means that
there are incompatible. It seems they are compatible yet...

I don't knwo how to fix that. I think I can't say that gambas depends on
libmysql12 OR libmysql14. I think in the future libmysql12 will disappear,
and so Gambas will depends only on libmysql14...

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...