[Gambas-user] pcre good news/bad news

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Jan 10 18:41:56 CET 2005

Well, the good news is, in Gambas 1.9.1 the pcre component no
longer exhibits that behavior where you're typing along and go r
= new Regexp( and the IDE crashes. :)

The bad news is, in Gambas 1.9.1 (at least under Mandrake 10)
gbx2 core dumps at runtime when it gets to the r = new
Regexp("foo bar baz", "bar") line.

Also, would it make more sense to name the next 1.9 release
1.9.10?  I assume we are going to have more than 10 1.9 releases
before jumping to Gambas 2.0, and that would prevent "ASCII sort
vs. numeric sort" issues with packaging etc.

Rob