[Gambas-user] Release of Gambas 1.9.1

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Jan 10 14:33:24 CET 2005

On Monday 10 January 2005 03:01, Julien Barbier wrote:
> I have just a little question :
> Is there a way to do an update of the program in place of
> removing and re-install all ?

Well, the 1.9 series has everything renamed with a 2 at the end,
so it can coexist with the previous ones.  It's more like
installing a new program than updating the old one.

With the 1.0 series, if you're installing from RPM's you can just
install the new RPMs over it, (I assume the same is true for
.debs) and if you're building from source I think "make install"
will just install the new version on top of the old version as
well.

Rob