[Gambas-user] Gambas 1.0 press release?

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Jan 4 17:00:36 CET 2005

So, with Slashdot not picking up the Gambas 1.0 release story
even though they accepted the announcement of the RC series, I
am wondering if we (the project) should put out a press release.
I see two ways we can go: prweb, which is free and is really
aimed at small organizations like ours, or prnewswire (or an
equivalent service) which would probably cost us about US$1,000
but we could have a drive to raise that kind of money (and I'd
be willing to put up about a quarter of that.)

I think prnewswire's search engine and newspaper coverage is far
greater than prweb's, but prweb would at least get us into
google news if anyone was searching for linux basic or anything
like that.  It may be that the traffic we got from a prnewswire
type of release would be more than we could handle at this stage
of our existence, anyway.  Maybe a paid press release would be
more of a goal for 2.0 than 1.0.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Rob