[Gambas-user] gambas and Debian

José L. Redrejo Rodríguez jredrejo at ...96...
Mon Jan 3 12:25:38 CET 2005

El vie, 31-12-2004 a las 12:48:08 00100, "Charlie Reinl"
<na2492 at ...9...> escribió:

> Salut,
>
> I try to install gambas on my ubuntu/Debian.
> It was said, I can find it at http://cvs.linex.org/linex/gambas.
>
> Yes I found it there.
>
> But as new with Debian I try to use Synaptic package tool
>
> I set : typ = Bin(dep)
>         Adr = http://cvs.linex.org/
>         Dist= linex
>         Sect= gambas
>
> and that I turned up and down.
> I allways get a 404 Not Found
>
> Where I'm wrong.
> Can anyone guide me to get it !
>
> Thanks
> Amicalment
> Charlie
> * Gesendet mit / Sent by: FEN-Webmail * http://www.fen-net.de *

Well in http://gambas.sourceforge.net/download.html you have the right
lines for your apt. Using synaptic you should use:
I set : typ = Bin(dep)
>         Adr = http://www.linex.org/
>         Dist= sarge
>         Sect= linex

As this repository is totally componentized, you can also use
        Adr = http://www.linex.org/
>         Dist= cl
>         Sect= gambas

The difference between these two sources is that the last one is a part
of the first one. If you use sarge as dist you will get access to all
the linex packages, but if you use cl you will have access only to those
packages needed to install gambas.

On the other hand, I have uploaded gambas to the official Debian distro.
By now, version 1.0 is only available in sid, but in the next 10 days,
if no release critical bugs are found it will be available in sarge as
well.

But, in Debian I have removed kde components because kde is totally
frozen in sid, and if I keep those components gambas will not going into
sarge.

In linex repository you will get all the gambas components (kde
included) available for sarge (and quite soon gtk and gbgrid components
developed by Daniel Campos will be there to experiment)

Regards.