[Gambas-user] Re: Re: Non GUI objects and events

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Feb 22 11:16:39 CET 2005

On Sunday 20 February 2005 14:52, Øystein Selbekk wrote:
> I dont think i did explain myself correctly. I get this to work just fine
> in a GUI environment. The problem appears when i declare the ServerSocket
> in a class like this: PUBLIC Server as NEW ServerSocket. This is when i
> dont get any events. And i need to do it in a class because this is not a
> GUI project.
>
> Regards Oystein Selbekk

An object will raise events only if you give it an "event name":

DIM Server AS ServerSocket

Server = NEW ServerSocket AS "MyServer"

Read the wiki documentation if you want more details about that, or the tips
of the day.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...