[Gambas-user] Strange error with arrays

Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Tue Feb 22 08:58:09 CET 2005

Hi Rob, hi Charlie,

Here you go: form.tgz includes 2 forms which can be displayed. Start the
program (you'll be in the editor) and click on the "open file" icon,
choose directory "formulare".

First you should try the "ZeugnisZP4.frm", this runs well, so you see
how it should work. Then try the other one, there is a table included.
The table procedure (in elemente.module, called ZeichneTabelle) causes
the error. But there is no indication where exactly the error arises.

And this looks like a non-implemented feature to me, Charlie:

> The "Don't know how to copy arrays" exists in gbx_value.c
> at VALUE_class_write as
>
> PUBLIC void VALUE_class_write(CLASS *class, VALUE *value, char *addr,
> CTYPE ctype)
> {
>   if (ctype.id == T_OBJECT)
>   {
>     VALUE_write(value, addr, (ctype.value >= 0) ?
> (TYPE)class->load->class_ref[ctype.value] : T_OBJECT);
>   }
>   else if (ctype.id == T_ARRAY)
>   {
>     ERROR_panic("Don't know how to copy arrays");
>   }
>   else
>     VALUE_write(value, addr, (TYPE)ctype.id);
> }
>
> Would be nice to see your code.

However, in the help, this way of introducing arrays is described, so
why shouldn't it work? If it does not work this way, I'll rewrite them
all as array objects, there is no big problem. Just thought it would be
easier this way.

Rolf