[Gambas-user] Printing Support

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Feb 15 15:55:01 CET 2005

On Tuesday 15 February 2005 08:58, Naveen Agarawal wrote:
> How is it possible to send the output to printer. Say
> for example you run a query and extract the records in
> a table view. How these records can be printed on a
> printer?

Currently, there is no automated way to do this.  If you just
want a screen grab of the table view control, you can just do
something like

draw.begin(Printer)
draw.picture(0,0,myControl.Grab)
' syntax for the above is from memory and may be wrong
draw.end

but if you want to make a nice report you'll need to iterate
through each column and each row, keeping track of the cursor
position for each, and draw each of them to the printer using
Draw.Text.

It seems to me someone was working on a report generator applet
in Gambas 6 or 8 months ago, but if one doesn't appear by the
time it's possible to implement Gambas components natively in
Gambas, I will probably write a component and add a report
designer to the IDE.  I had hoped that Openoffice Base would
make such a thing unnecessary but after using it in OO.o 1.9, I
think the Linux world is still in need of a more
Access/Crystal-like report designer.

Rob