[Gambas-user] One minor bug and one xml question

Daniel Campos daniel.campos at ...338...
Mon Feb 14 14:29:18 CET 2005

>>And now, my question. I just upgraded to gambas 1.0.3, and I would
>>dearly love to try the new shiney xml component, since it's bound to
>>be better then the nasty xml-parser I cobbled together. But
>>documentation is strangly lacking. The wiki has the details, but can
>>anyone point me to an explaination on how to use the component, sort
>>of a "Getting Started" guide? I'm browsing the mailing-list archieve
>>now, but there's a lot of stuff to look through, it's possible I won't
>>find it.
>>

>I never used this component, so I can't help you. But I think others can...

Yes, XML component is not finished, and it is not documented, however
you can already use without problems the following classes: XmlReader,
XmlWriter and XSLT.

In order to get information about usage, you can take a look at the
libxml documentation,
of course it is C, but both XmlReader and XmlWriter follows the C
interface from libxml
so it is easy to understand how to work with them reding the C docs:

http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-xmlreader.html
http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-xmlwriter.html

You can also ask for specific questions in this list, and I'll try to
reply as soon as possible.

Regards,

D. Campos