[Gambas-user] "big" projects in Gambas

Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Fri Feb 11 08:23:55 CET 2005

No need to excuse :-) I consider this a clever way. One could even go
further and use the built-in Macro Basic of OOo to create a surface for
it. I once thought of such a way when my brother-in-law asked me to
program a tool for his firm. The idea was to create a way of
client-order-input to works-order-output and financial/resources
management thing (eierlegende Wollmilchsau - eggs laying wool and milk
sow). At that time, I thought of a VB/MS-Office combination to handle
that, luckily :-) it never came about because the task seemed way too
large for us two laymen...

Meanwhile, with much more experience with my own programs, I could
imagine to develop something like that. But I'm not sure if combining it
so tightly with OOo would be so good as you glue your code to several
other underlying things: Qt, Gambas and OOo which tend to change and
draw away the foundations of your project, i. e. adapting it to an
emerging Gambas is ok, but considering constant changes in OOo and maybe
even more "helpers" would just be overkill, I'm afraid.

Rolf