[Gambas-user] Are these bugs?

Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Thu Feb 10 17:22:08 CET 2005

I've got a DrawingArea here, let's call it Page (in English so everyone
can see what I mean...), created on a form named Preview. There are
several strange things I cannot explain which happened when I created
the code for it.

 From a module named "graphics" I'll call it like this:

PUBLIC SUB ShowMeThePage

   CollectPageData

   MakeUpPage

END SUB

PRIVATE SUB MakeUpPage

   Preview.Page.Clear
   Preview.Page.Height = Paperlength
   Preview.Page.Width  = Paperwidth

   Draw.Begin(Preview.Page)
     Preview.Page.ForeColor = Color.RGB(190,190,190)

'here a lot of grid lines are made, just like this:

     Preview.Page.Line( bla bla bla bla)

   Draw.End

END SUB

Now, this is what happened:

First I tried Draw.ForeColor = HexValue and = Color.RGB(something)
instead of Preview.Page.ForeColor. The program will crash with Sig 11, a
message pops up to inform Benoit :-), but Gambas will continue to run.
So I tried Preview.Page.ForeColor, that is ok and it runs as expected.

Second, I added some code to draw blue and green lines, but now the
whole Preview will just be cleared as soon as this line of code is
reached, everything turns white.

Third, I added some code to ShowMeThePage, writing a few values into the
Preview, and here (within ShowMeThePage) much to my surprise, the
Draw.ForeColor runs fine, i. e. I added

Draw.Begin(Preview.Page)
   Draw.ForeColor = 0  'intended to be black
   Draw.Text(blabla...)
Draw.End

So now I tried Draw.ForeColor = 0 in the MakeUpPage, and voilà! Here we
went right through, a black line appeared, nothing was cleared.

I cannot explain what I did wrong, maybe I misunderstood the usage of
color.RGB or what?

Rolf