[Gambas-user] Transaction processing in Postgresq

alan alan at ...833...
Tue Feb 8 12:01:33 CET 2005

On Thursday 03 February 2005 12:13, alan wrote:

>> I am  trying to move an ACCESS database to GAMBAS & POSTGRESQL.
>> As part of this process I want to change the order of the rows in some
>> of the tables
>> to match the order of the primary key.
>>
>> The following SQL command when submitted  via PGADMINIII will achive
>> this objective:-
>>
>> BEGIN;
>> SELECT * INTO  TEMP footemp   FROM  foo ORDER BY foo_id;
>> DELETE  FROM foo;
>> INSERT INTO foo  SELECT *  FROM footemp;
>> DROP TABLE footemp;
>> COMMIT;
>>
>> This process has to be performed inside a transaction because there are
>> constrants
>> in other tables in the database  which require some of the values in foo.
>>
>> When i try to execute the sql commands from within gambas the
>> transaction fails
>> at the first deletion with an error indicating a broken constaint.
>>
>> Does this mean  gambas connot handle transactions?
>>
>> alan

Transactions are supported!

Send me your code so that I can see which SQL commands are send to the
database driver...

Regards,

-- Benoit Minisini sorry to trouble you with this problem which i have
now found is due to a missing SQL command. There should be:- SET
CONSTAINTS ALL DEFERRED after tehe BEGIN regards Alan Bromley