[Gambas-user] "big" projects in Gambas

Mike Keehan mike_keehan at ...679...
Tue Feb 8 11:56:30 CET 2005

Benoit Minisini wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I know I already ask that in the past, but I must answer to an interview for
> the FOSDEM.
>
> They ask me "Are there already some projects built with Gambas ?"

Hi Benoit,

I have used Gambas in a communications system for a government
department.  The application provides the user interface for a system
that is running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

The app is responsible for showing a continuously updated audit
logging window, setting up comms parameters, starting and stopping the
background comms programs (which are written in C), and allowing the
users to view individual messages, message queues, log files and for
general access to the system, e.g. backups/restores, config changes,
file loads etc.

It is running on a HP Pentium 4 server in a 1u rack, with SUSE 9 on
Linux 2.4.

It replaced a 10 year old system which used 24x80 terminals and ran on
SCO.

It has been very reliable so far :)

Mike.