[Gambas-user] Release of development version 1.9.3

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Feb 7 16:21:32 CET 2005

On Monday 07 February 2005 16:14, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On Monday 07 February 2005 15:48, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> > Hi world,
> >
> > Here is the 1.9.3 version.
> >
> > Virtual dispatching has been fixed, and a new keyword, SUPER, allows you
> > to call a method or a property of the inherited class. The editor now
> > rewrites code as it is entered. Many components were updated, thanks to
> > Rob, Daniel, Laurent, Nigel, and Andrea.
> >
> > The fix of virtual dispatching should fix many segmentation faults found
> > by people, and the "tabstrip" vanished bug in the IDE.
> >
> > The detection of libxml and libxlst (the XML component) uses pkg-config
> > both. If the detection does not work, because pkg-config is not installed
> > on your system for these two libraries, try to use --with-*-includes and
> > --with-*-libraries options with ./configure. Anyway, write to this
> > mailing-list if you have problems with it yet.
> >
> > Regards,
>
> The SDL component has been updated too. Here is a little example made by
> Fabien Bodard and slightly modified by your servant to show you some
> features.
>
> Enjoy it!

Note that this example eats your memory as it runs. I don't know why... Does
the example never release its objects or is it a memory leak in the SDL
component ?

If Laurent or Fabien could look in depth :-)

--
Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...