[Gambas-user] VB import patch for 1.9.2 IDE

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Feb 4 14:00:11 CET 2005

On Wednesday 02 February 2005 08:07, Rob wrote:
> This patch (well, really, set of files) should integrate my
> ImportVBProject dialog into the Gambas welcome dialog.  It needs
> Gambas 1.9.2 (maybe Benoit's newer builds would still work) and
> my most recent pcre component, which I posted to this list last
> week.  (I also made binary packages of 1.9.2 that included my
> most recent pcre component, mainly for my own use since I
> develop Gambas code on 4 or 5 different machines.)
>
> For those who are not aware, my VB importing stuff WILL NOT
> convert any code, only form designs.  I copy the forms' code
> into the corresponding class file but I comment it all out.
> Translating code from one language to another is far, far more
> difficult than converting form designs, unfortunately.
>
> I also attached a screenshot so you can see how rudimentary my
> interface is.
>
> Rob

Aargh! I didn't understand how your thing works...

Do you create a new project when you import VB forms ? Then, you must merge
your code in the Project creation form, not in the welcome form.

And if you just import forms, then you must merge your code in the Form
creation wizard.

Or you can make an external tool if you don't want to keep a 'rudimentary'
interface.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...