[Gambas-user] A mess with modules, classes and access

Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Fri Feb 4 13:46:28 CET 2005

Hi all,

After having started to re-code a larger VB project into Gambas, I found
some obstacles I don't understand.

The project contains some forms. One of them has a Drawing Area. As
there are many tiny helper SUBs and Functions, I had everything
referring to drawing in a separate module to keep it out from the form
(in VB).

Now, in Gambas I find that from the module I cannot access the Drawing
Area. So I copied the code from the module into a class. But now, I
cannot access the SUBs of the class from the Drawing Area form's code.

Would you emphasize to keep all code related to the Drawing Area within
its form? That would make it a bit messy as there are quite a lot of
functions as mentioned above. Or did I miss something? How do you
organize such things?

Rolf