[Gambas-user] Help me, i'm newbies in linux...

Srikanta Prasanna srikantux at ...626...
Fri Feb 4 11:38:37 CET 2005

Hi Stefan,

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 11:15:37 +0100, Stefania <linuxgirl at ...69...> wrote:
> I need to install these packages but where can I download all these packages?
> Mandrake 10.1 i686 kernel 2.6.8.1-12mdk

As you are using Mdk 10.1, I suggest you use 'urpmi' program to install them
instead of manuall downloading each of those packages and installing them.
This would ensure that all the dependent packages for the one which you wish
to install is also downloaded and installed automatically.

>  - X11 development packages.
>  - Qt 3 development packages.
>  - KDE 3 development packages per i KDE component.
>  - PostgreSQL, MySQL or SQlite development packages
>  - libcurl development packages (version 7.10.7 e successiva)
>  - SDL e SDL_mixer development packages

If you have Mdk 10.1 all CD's (was it 3 CD set?), I think you can
install (maybe)
almost all of the above mentioned packages for the CD's itself,
instead of using
net. You have a good graphical tool for it which you can find in
Mandrake Control
Center under Packages section or so. Please check it out. Using it you can
search all the installation CD's for the packages which you want to install and
install it with all its dependencies fullfilled.

cheers,
srikanta