[Gambas-user] Gambas IDE ????

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Feb 3 13:39:59 CET 2005

On Wednesday 02 February 2005 14:57, Rob wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 February 2005 22:01, BUDI ARIEF GUSANDI wrote:
> > Though It's alternatif to gambas main IDE, but as QT MDI oke,
> > i think MDI IDE can be better choice later as main IDE
> > replaced current ;). What do you think ?
>
> I disagree.  Benoit and Fabien have expressed interest in doing a
> single-window interface to the IDE eventually, using some
> arrangement technique other than MDI, and I would not want to
> discourage them by putting forth my own lame work as a candidate
> for the official IDE.
>
> That won't stop me from offering fakebas for VB expatriates,
> though.
>
> Rob

First idea:

When you find your MDI 1.0 IDE stable enough, insert the project in the source
tree as 'gambas-mdi' or something like that, and modify the .spec file so
that it appears in the user menus.

Second idea:

Better would be merging your code with the 1.0 IDE, and adding an option to
gambas so that it starts in MDI mode or not (like in VB, I know).

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...