[Gambas-user] gambas crash?

Charlie Reinl na2492 at ...9...
Wed Dec 28 23:17:19 CET 2005

Am Mittwoch, den 28.12.2005, 22:02 +0100 schrieb ron:
> On Wednesday 28 December 2005 01:58, Ramon Orticio wrote:
> >  "the
> > application is possibly open and opening it again will
> > affect IDE and will result in a loss of data."
>
> LOL: This is not the harddisk IDE :)
>
> You use gamabs during development with a IDE.
> Stands for 'Intergrated Development Interface'
>
> Very confusing al those abreviations.
>
> The warning message is to prevent working on your project
> with two different editors on the same class, form
> or module, changing the same file and you save the
> wrong one as the suposed good one. :(
>
> BTW:
> If you want use the databse manager as stand alone, you can
> use gambas-databasemanager as an seperate program instead of
> the one in the menu bar.
> (in /opt/gambas , /user/bin or /user/local/bin , depends on distro.)
>
> Ron
Salut Ron,
	back again .
Amicalment
Charlie

Salut,

the warning you talk about, Benoit made it while, we plained the danger
of the none refeshed files in the IDE of gambas, when a project where
opened more then one time.
That means you will lose data, if you make changes in the first IDE open
with project A and save them, and then you make changes in an other
IDE , where project A is also opend and save these changes.
Because the tow IDE's do NOT know each from the other.

So the warning means:
You had a project crash, and the log-file is still there, or
the project is opened more then one time, at the same time, and the log
-file where found.

So I say that warning has NOTHING to do with your problems.
If even the Bios don't appear, like you say, I think you are in heavy
hardware troubles.

Amicalment
Charlie