[Gambas-user] newbie question executables

johnf jfabiani at ...1109...
Wed Dec 28 18:09:54 CET 2005

On Wednesday 28 December 2005 03:05, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 December 2005 09:49, johnf wrote:
> > On Wednesday 28 December 2005 00:39, johnf wrote:
> > > Gambas 1.9.22
> > > After I build a executable.  How do I run it?
> > >
> > > I have tried gbx2 filename and I get an error.
> > > ERROR: #45: File or directory does not exist
> > > using Gambas2 I get not a project file. My SUSE 10.0 does not know how
> > > to run it.
> > >
> > > John
> >
> > I take it back I can't make an executable.  Even thought the program said
> > it made the executable with an OK message at the bottom the project
> > window - it did nothing?  If makes nothing then what could be wrong?  Is
> > it suppose to create a shell script?
> >
> > John
>
> By default, the executable is created inside the project directory, and has
> the same name as the project, with a '.gambas' extension added.
>
> Regards,

When ever I change the name to anything like newprg.gambas it does not make a
file with newprg.* in the directory of the project or anywhere else.
However, if I don't change the name a file is created.  But how do I run it?
Changing the permissions to executable does nothing.  SUSE 10.0 always ask
how to open the file.  It does not run just stand alone.  BTW the file name
it creates is "FirstTry.gambas" which you would expect.
John