[Gambas-user] Re: Columnview key

Werner Staudacher gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 28 10:10:06 CET 2005

Benoit Minisini schrieb:

>On Tuesday 27 December 2005 18:44, Rohnny Stormo wrote:
>

>><
>><
>><If you want to access column view items from a numeric index, then use
>>this
>><numeric index as key.
>><
>><You will be always mixed up if you actually have two different keys in
>>mind (a
>><numeric index and a string key).
>>
>><Regards,
>><
>><--
>><Benoit Minisini
>>
>>Hi Benoit.
>>
>>This was pitty and makes things more complex.
>>
>>Is it possible to get a couple of function added to the columnview in
>>later versions?
>>Columnview1.item[number].key
>>Columnview1.item[number].selected=true/False
>>
>>or something similar?
>>
>>Regards Rohnny
>>

>You can't have two keys for an item, only one. If you want a number to be a
>key, just use it as key.
>
>MyColumnView.Add(number, text, picture...)
>
>What is the problem with that?

I think Rohnny does not want two keys but the possibility to access
items trough the naturally index from the object. So we do not need to
now a key name but can walk trough the tree by index number to access
the key names: for ......   if ColView.item[Index].key = "keyname" then
.... ...

Regards Werner