[Gambas-user] Database manager problem

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Dec 27 23:28:38 CET 2005

On Tuesday 27 December 2005 23:23, Jacky wrote:
> Le Samedi 24 Décembre 2005 15:11, Fabien Bodard a écrit :
> > > With database manager, when i save a table with auto_increment
> > > attribut, i lose this attribut. Is it normal ?
> > > Gambas 1.9.20 or Gambas 1.0.11
> > > Suse 9.3
> >
> > yes, Gambas db not support auto_increment attribute... but i hope Benoit
> > add this, because it's really usefull...
> >
> > Before that i use this :
> >
> > hres = hCon.Exec("Select Max(id) From Client")
> > newid = hRes["Max(id)"] + 1
>
> Salut,
> no, no Fabien, with an unique key the auto_increment works fine. It's with
> the database manager that we lose the auto_increment attribut. Simply
> saving table lose this attribut.
>  ~° Jack °~

I'm currently working to add support for auto increment field in the database
component and in the database manager.

You will have a new field datatype named 'db.Serial', that will create a 64
bits autoincrement integer field.

Anyway, if you didn't create your table with the database manager, don't use
it to edit its structure!

Benoit Minisini