[Gambas-user] Can Gambas run itself? Fixed!

Kchula-Rrit kchularrit at ...734...
Fri Dec 23 09:00:40 CET 2005

On Thursday December 22 2005 04:13 pm, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On Thursday 22 December 2005 08:55, Kchula-Rrit wrote:
> > 	I'm trying to get a Gambas2 program to run another copy of itself but am
> > having problems.  I'm trying to have the main program send commands into
> > a file, which the second program reads with a "tail -f" command.  The
> > main program receives command-responses with its own "tail -f" command.

	Neither adding WRITE to the OPEN statement, nor adding FLUSH after print
#outfile statements worked.  It finally worked when I redirected the SHELL
command's standard-input to /dev/null:

Original, didn't work:
> >      . Run second program...
> >      Second2Main = SHELL "gbx2 secondprog" FOR READ WRITE

This made it work:
      ' Run second program...
      Second2Main = SHELL "gbx2 secondprog < /dev/null" FOR READ WRITE

> When you open a file, by default input/output are buffered.
>
> Try to use the FLUSH instruction after PRINT, or adds the WRITE keyword
> before CREATE to your OPEN statements.

     Thanks for the ideas.

K-R.