[Gambas-user] does each line of code finish before continuing

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Dec 20 19:44:44 CET 2005

On Tue December 20 2005 03:32, johnf wrote:
> Let say I have a database program that asks for data will the
> program wait for the result before excuting  the next line of
> code?

Yeah, Exec is a blocking method (the program doesn't continue
going until it returns.)

I'm not sure whether Timer events fire during a long running
query because I haven't had any long running queries with Gambas
and MySQL yet.

BTW, Benoit, the link to Connection.Exec is broken in the new
wiki.  See http://www.gambasdoc.org/help/comp/gb.db/connection
for the bad link.  I'd just create the page except I assume it's
supposed to be getting auto-generated.

Rob