[Gambas-user] Continue to next line

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Fri Dec 9 16:57:58 CET 2005

On Fri December 9 2005 03:17, Ignatius Syofian wrote:
> txtvar="select mychar1,mychar2 from sampledata " &  _
>             "where fcount=1"
> i try this "& _" but it don't work, how i con do this or i
> can't do this ?

Just drop the underscore.... the Gambas compiler will look on the
next line if it sees an & and then a line break.  It may screw
up the line numbering in the debugger, if I remember right.

> i need this only if, i debugging then i can read easyly and
> sometime i have to use a long command string

You can't break up long Gambas commands like that unless you use
the "string" & (line break) "string" trick.  There's no exact
equivalent to the "_" preprocessor directive in VB.

Rob