[Gambas-user] how to use sqlite3

Fabien Bodard gambasfr at ...11...
Wed Dec 7 12:04:36 CET 2005

Le Mercredi 7 Décembre 2005 09:15, Rohnny Stormo a écrit :
> I'm trying to take use of sqlite3, but as I understand it does make a
> database
> where you want and not at a host.
> How tried the database manager in gambas but only ask for host
>
> How to open and close a database named test.db at my home?
> Using Gambas 1.9.22 with sqlite3    3.2.1
It's really simple !

At the host place put the path of the directory where your databases ares,
select the sqlite3 entry, and then push ok button

Host
PROPERTY Host AS String
   Returns or sets the host where the database server resides.
 This host can be a machine name, or an IP address. The default host is
localhost.
****
Note: Because Sqlite is not a server/client database, host in this context is
redundant. However, as a feature of the sqlite driver, from version 0.95 it
is possible to set the home path for the database using this property.
***

http://binara.com/gambas-wiki/bin/view/Gambas/GbDbConnectionPHost

Regard,
Fabien