[Gambas-user] 2 Questions

Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Tue Dec 6 10:07:40 CET 2005

Hi Ramon,

Ramon Orticio schrieb:
> dear friends,
>
> 1. what is the equivalent of \\name_of_computer\folder
> path in gambas.
>    in microsoft vb the latter is used in connecting to
> files located in a networked computer.

The question is: How do you connect Linux machines' directories? I'm
using NFS here, and in this case you will have just an ordinary
directory as NFS share of the other machine. Gambas would not need to
have any special way to access this directory, a simple path into it
would do.

If you want to connect to Windows machines, I know Samba. From the POV
of the Windows computer, this will look like any ordinary share from
another Windows computer, but for Linux it is - again - a simple
directory. At least this is the way I've used it here.

> 2. can gambas connect to files in openoffice
> applications such as the openoffice.org calc or
> spreadsheets like vba to microsoft excel. if yes how?

Hm, I don't think so, but AFAIK OOo has its own Basic to do such jobs.

Rolf