[Gambas-user] UDP socket component & UDP broadcasts

p.r. faasse faasse at ...1252...
Mon Dec 5 11:31:33 CET 2005

On Monday 05 December 2005 10:52, p.r. faasse wrote:
> On Friday 02 December 2005 22:37, Daniel Campos wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> > Could you send me your patch? I will add it!
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > D. Campos

<snip>

> No critisism intended, but the current socket component implementation does not give access to socket options.
> Perhaps the 'right way' to go about it would be to implement a socket option interface instead of hard-coding some
> socket options themselves into the socket component. The default behaviour of sockets is quite well-tuned for what
> appears to be the 'standard use' of sockets, and socket options seem to be intended to permit fine-tuning the TCP
> stack's behaviour to specific needs (such as mine :-).

Seeing the 'external functions' interface mail: would it be an option to expose the actual network socket as a
property of the socket object? A combination of an (integer, read-only) socket property and a 'declare' of the
'setsockopt' system library function would permit full access (mistakes here are my own :-) to socket options
with minimal impact upon the socket component itself.

greetings,

Peter Faasse