[Gambas-user] Query failed: ERROR: syntax error at or near "=" at character 40

Werner Staudacher Gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 1 23:45:17 CET 2005

john hedge schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I've attached two files. One showing a screenshot of the error message
> and the other a listing of my code.
>
> I'm very new to all this and I'm copying a code tutorial in Linux
> Format by Dr Mark Bain.
>
> If I need to give more detail for you to assist me, just ask.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> TIA.
>
> John

Hi John

The error-message says that at position 40 from the sql is a error. This
is by the "=" & resManager!ID
What is the value for resManager!ID at this moment?
Which type has the field manager_id? (numeric or string)
I suggest to copy the sql-content at this point and try it with a sql-tool.
And add a space between office and where, should work without but....

Werner