[Gambas-user] Editor Control Insert function problem

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Aug 31 19:28:20 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 30 August 2005 13:40, Alex Schaller wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I was trying to us the insert function to put some text in the editor
> control:
>
> Editor1.Insert("Hello", 1, 1)
>
> and I get the Too many Arguments error.

You have to do move the cursor before:

Editor1.Goto(1, 1)
Editor1.Insert("Hello")

> Also, the old Editor control had a pos function which would position the
> cursor at a specific character in the document (very helpfull in my
> project).

The Editor characters are now referenced by line and row everywhere. You
should not have to use an absolute position. What are you doing exactly?

> I am sure I can recreate the functionality of the pos function

I'm not sure :-) As code can be highlighted *and* rewritten (not in custom
mode at the moment), an absolute position can lose its meaning without any
warning...

> but if you plan on providing it again I will wait.
>
> B.t.w I figured out the custom highlighting feature of the new editor
> control and it rocks.
>
> GREAT JOB Benoit !!!!!!

Thanks :-)

--