[Gambas-user] Re: Sending Data From one Form to another

Steve Starr comtux at ...626...
Sat Aug 27 20:28:45 CEST 2005

1) Do not use numeric values for keys. Use the constants of the Key class.

Ok i see what you mean :) but now that i know of the change event for Editor1
i dont need to use the Key class.

2) Do no repeat one thousand times the same line of code. Make a function.

See above :)

3) If you want to update the WebBrowser when the HTML code changes, the
TextArea (and Editor) control have a 'Change' event.

And once again see above. :)

4) Make your window resizable, but...

5) Don't resize controls by hand. Use the HBox, VBox, Panel... containers and
their Arrangement, Padding, Spacing properties. Use the Expand property to
tell a control to takes as much space as possible inside a container whose
Arrangement property is set.

Ya i have been fighting with 4 and 5 for awhile these contros are gtk
natives are they not.

6) Don't make your own menus. Use the standard ones.

I only made my own menu because when i used
IF Dialog.OpenFile() THEN RETURN
  Editor1.Text = Dialog.Path
With the standard menu i just kept getting and error.