[Gambas-user] I got it!

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Aug 27 17:18:53 CEST 2005

Yesterday morning, I have received a beautiful AMD64 computer gave by the
Spanish Region Of Extremadura.

I would like to thank them for this donation.

Everything worked fine and speedy, except the USB mouse that the linux kernel
does not like. The USB support in Linux is not perfect yet!

Now I must connect it to internet to play with package installation...

About the 64-bits specific stuff, I found a program named linux32/setarch on
Fedora and Mandriva, that apparently could launch 32 bits executables in a 64
bits environment, but I didn't see it on Debian.

Such a tool could help to run Gambas on amd64! If anyone have information
about running 32 bits program on a 64 bits Linux system...

I'm afraid that porting Gambas to 64 bits code will take time first, and
moreover may give a slower interpreter than in 32 bits!

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...