[Gambas-user] gambas2 (1.9.16) broke db and serial

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Aug 16 17:14:32 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 16 August 2005 14:13, whoknowz wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I just downloaded the latest development version of gambas2 (ver.
> 1.9.16) and tried to recompile a piece of software developed using
> gambas2 (ver 1.9.12) only to find that there are many problems. I
> traced the problems to the graphical database component and also to
> the serial port component. The graphical db component seems to be
> somewhat missing in the latest version. But thats not a problem since
> we can connect to db using code only. But the serial component is
> giving "too many arguments" as an error, as a previous user have
> noticed too. The weird thing is that I could not find a single line
> difference from the serial port library code between the two version
> (best of my knowledge), then again I am no expert. It would be of
> great help if some one could shed some light on this issue.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ahmed Nashith

Hi,

The format of the *.component files has changed, and I "just" forgot to update
the gb.net.component and gb.net.curl.component files.

While waiting for the next release, here is what you can do:

1) Edit the gb.net.component file. It is located in /usr/local/lib/gambas2 if
you kept the default install path.
2) There is a line with "Controls=XXX" that lists the controls included in the
component.
3) Duplicate this line, by replacing "Controls=" by "Virtual="
4) Save the file.
5) Do the same thing with the gb.net.curl.component file.

Now everything should work as before.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...