[Gambas-user] Richtext Editcontrol?

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Aug 11 19:42:54 CEST 2005

On Thursday 11 August 2005 07:16, Marco Bauer wrote:
> > Is there something like a RichText edit-Control in Gambas, or
> > KWord integration?
> Hi Joern,
> you can use the TextView control to display text with different
> fonts, sizes, colors etc. using HTML tags. For example:

Unfortunately, as far as I know there's no way to edit text using a
TextView control.  Qt has a QTextEdit widget to do this, but I think
it's only available starting with 4.0.  I'm not sure about KDE (as
Joern suggested, it may be that the KDE solution is to embed KWord
using DCOP.)

However, it should be possible to implement one in the meantime by
subclassing TextView and intercepting key presses etc.  If not
TextView, then I guess you'd have to use a DrawingArea and write your
own HTML parsing code.... ewwww.

Rob