[Gambas-user] My Errors when installing on Slackware 10.1

PV oreip at ...1...
Thu Aug 11 09:59:51 CEST 2005

On 11/08/2005 07:22, Daniel Campos wrote:
> Benoit Minisini escribió:
>> You have to install the linux kernel headers. Maybe you have to
>> install the complete linux sources to get them.
>>

> Hi:
>
> I think the kernel-headers package should be enough, not all kernel
> sources...

On Slackware you still have the choice to install a 2.4 kernel and/or 2.4
sources and headers, so if you do that, you will end up with 2.4 stuff in
/usr/include/linux and that will be the cause of the error during compilation
of gb.v4l.

To solve this problem, it is necessary either to install a more recent 2.6
kernel sources package or, as it was in my case since I had already installed
it, simply link /usr/include/linux to where the 2.6 headers are on your hd, in
my case /usr/src/linux/include/linux.

Now my Gambas installation finally boasts a beautiful v4l component... :-)

Ciao,
Piero